Equest Promotion Promotion Terms and Conditions
Posted: Jun 1, 2014 | Author: HEALTH4HORSES
- Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter is Zoetis Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 94 156 476 425) of 38-42 Wharf Road, West Ryde NSW 2114, telephone 1800 963 847 (“Promoter”).
- Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, participating retailers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Promotion commences at 12.00am AEST on 1 June 2014 and ends at 11.59pm AEST on 30 September 2014 (“Promotion Period”).
- To enter, eligible individuals must complete the following steps during the Promotion Period:
(a) purchase a tube of Equest Plus Tape from any store/clinic in Australia which shelves the product; and
(b) complete entry via any of the following options:
(i) In Store: fully complete the official entry form at the time of purchase and provide it to a staff member at the store/clinic; OR
(ii) H4H Facebook Page: visit H4H Facebook Page at Health4Horses.com.au/EquestPromotion, ‘like’ the H4H Facebook Page (if not done so already), follow the prompts to the promotion entry page, input the requested details and submit the fully completed entry form; OR
(iii) H4H App: download the H4H app (available for free from the iTunes app store only) onto their Apple smart phone or other device on which the app may be downloaded, select the promotion entry form page on the H4H app, input the requested details and submit the fully completed entry form.
- Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following:
(a) only one (1) entry permitted per Equest Plus Tape product purchased in accordance with the above, excluding purchases made at a Horseland store, where two (2) entries are awarded per Equest Plus Tape product purchased;
(b) one (1) bonus entry is awarded per person if entry is submitted via the H4H app; and
(c) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- Entrants must retain their original purchase receipt(s) for all entries as proof of purchase. Failure to produce the proof of purchase for an entry when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of the entrant’s entry and forfeiture of any right to a prize resulting from that entry. In addition, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion invalidate ALL an entrant’s entries if an entrant fails to provide proof of purchase (when requested) for each entry submitted by that entrant, and may result in forfeiture of a right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify the store of purchase and that the purchase was made during the Promotion Period but prior to entry.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- There will be one draw and one winner. The draw will take place at Orchard Marketing, Suite 1, 285A Crown Street, Surry Hills, Sydney, NSW 2010 at 2pm AEST on 30 October 2014. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. Entrants do not need to be present at the draw to claim the prize.
- The winner will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will be published at www.health4horses.com.au from 6 Novemeber 2014 and in The Australian newspaper on 6 November 2014. The winner can claim the prize by contacting the Promoter in the manner specified in the written notice provided to them by the Promoter.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The first valid entry drawn will win a trip for two (2) people to Banff, Canada valued at up to a total of AU$9,970 (including GST) depending on date and point of departure. Prize includes:
• two (2) x return economy airfares from winner's nearest capital city to Banff, Canada;
• Backcountry Lodge Ride (5 days/4 nights horse riding trip, pick up from Banff) for two (2) people (awarded in the form of a voucher);
• four (4) nights twin share 4-star accommodation in Banff, Canada (awarded in the form of a voucher), accommodation provided is for the duration of the horse riding trip; and
• travel insurance for two (2) people valued at AU$400 (including GST).
- Spending money, meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations, transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included. Prize must be taken by 30 October 2015 and is subject to booking and flight availability.
- Some elements of the prize are provided as a voucher, as specified above. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming a voucher are not included. Any unused balance of a voucher will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of a voucher is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the voucher.
- During the entire duration of the prize, a nominated parent/guardian must accompany any person under 18 years of age. The winner and his/her travel companion are responsible for ensuring that they have valid passports, and any requisite visas, vaccinations and travel documentation. The winner and his/her travel companion must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. Frequent flyer points will not form part of the prize. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers. The winner may be required to present their credit card at time of accommodation check in.
- The winner and his/her travel companion will each be required to fully complete a travel insurance application form provided by the Promoter, and may also be required to undergo medical tests as required by the Promoter’s nominated travel insurer, in order to redeem the travel insurance element of the prize. Any person found guilty of insurance fraud or failure to honestly and accurately disclose all relevant insurance information at the time of applying for a travel insurance policy or when making a claim forfeits any rights or entitlements to the travel insurance element of the prize. Travel insurance will be provided by the Promoter’s nominated travel insurer, and is subject to approval by the travel insurer. In the event that the Promoter’s nominated travel insurer refuses to issue insurance to the winner and/or travel companion, the winner forfeits that travel insurance element of the prize. Travel insurance is subject to the terms and conditions issued by the Promoter’s nominated travel insurer, including but not limited to any limitations on the covered amount.
- If for any reason the winner does not take the prize (or an element of the prize) at/by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash.
- Subject to the terms and conditions of the participating prize provider(s), if for any reason the winner does not, once the prize has been booked, take the prize (or an element of the prize) at the time stipulated, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or suspend or modify a prize, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
- The winner and his/her travel companion acknowledge that the Banff - Backcountry Lodge Horse Ride element of the prize (“Activity”) is a dangerous activity that may result in injury or death, and participate at their own risk. The winner and his/her travel companion must: (a) attend, undergo and pass any appropriate training, briefings, required medical tests and other requirements of the Promoter and Activity organisers as determined by them in their absolute discretion; (b) not have any heart condition or history thereof, or other medical conditions that would make it dangerous to participate in the Activity; (c) not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol; (d) comply with all directions of the Promoter and Activity organisers at all times; and (e) wear all safety and other equipment required. The Promoter and Activity organisers, in their absolute discretion, at all times reserve the right to: (a) prevent any winner or his/her travel companion from participating in the Activity if, at any time, they reasonably believe that the winner or his/her travel companion poses a safety risk or for any other reason; and/or (b) cancel, postpone or delay the Activity if the conditions are deemed dangerous. If the Activity is varied for any reason beyond the control of the Promoter it may not be rescheduled and no compensation will be offered.
- If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Total prize pool value is up to AU$9,970 (including GST).
- Prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
- A re-draw for the prize, if unclaimed, may take place on 30 January 2015 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The winner will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will be published at www.health4horses.com.au from 6 February 2015 and in The Australian newspaper on 6 February 2014.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties or unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant responsible; and (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website and downloading/use of the promotional app is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion, including: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) participation in the prize, including the Activity.
- As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner (and his/her travel companion) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form. In the event a winner’s travel companion is under the age of 18, a nominated parent/legal guardian of such person will be required to sign the legal documentation required under this clause on their behalf.
- For individuals who enter via Facebook: Entry and continued participation in the promotion is dependent on entrants following and acting in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at www.facebook.com/terms.php. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Entrants release Facebook from, and agree that Facebook will not be liable for, any claim, loss, damage or personal injury which is made against or suffered or sustained by an entrant, as a result of participating in the promotion (including taking/use of a prize), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/14/02809, VIC Permit No. 14/3900, ACT Permit No. TP14/01282, SA Permit No. T14/655