What you need to record
Posted: Oct 4, 2013 | Author: Health4horses
Your vet will ask you for some details about your horse’s condition and symptoms. Make sure you record the following to help with a speedy diagnosis and treatment.
- How long the problem has been going on
- How the problem began
- Any signs the horse is getting worse, e.g. lying down
- Your horse’s medical history, e.g. recent vaccinations, worming treatments, injuries
- Any treatments you gave
- The last time your horse drank water
- The last time your horse passed manure, and what it was like, e.g. runny
Keep a pen and notepad in your First Aid kit to record the information your vet needs to know, and to help you remember what you need to do.